Online registration for the 2019-2020 school year will open on Monday, July 15, 2019.
Our On-Site Registration Days will be:
- Monday, July 29 from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 1 from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
ELL Back to School Fair (Interpreters Available):
- Saturday, August 3 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. @ Hoover High School (4800 Aurora Ave)
- Tuesday, August 6 from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. @ North High School (501 Holcomb Ave)
- Thursday, August 8 from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. @ McCombs Middle School (201 County Line Rd.)
- Saturday, August 10 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. @ East High School (815 E 13th St.)
Computers and additional help will be available. Attendance is not mandatory; it’s here if you need it! You can pay student fees, purchase a P.E. uniform (not required), and get upcoming school year information. **All incoming Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th graders, as well as 9th/10th graders participating in athletics, are REQUIRED to have proof of residency. See Proof of Address section below for acceptable documentation.**
2019-2020 Goodrell Important Fees:
- Textbook: $55.00
- Partial Textbook: $27.50
- Athletics/Intramurals: $15.00 Per Sport
- P.E. Uniform: $14.00 Optional
- Yearbook: $20.00 Optional
- Additional Registration Support: HERE
- Enrollment/Information Forms: HERE
- Infinite Campus Parent Portal: HERE
- Online Payments: HERE
- Registration Guide: HERE
Only 7th and 8th grade students are allowed to participate in school athletics. 6th graders can participate in Intramurals, which meets every day before school beginning early fall. Make sure to fill out the athletics portion of registration, even if your student is just thinking about joining. Registering for a sport does not require the student to participate, but it is helpful to have the information. Students are always welcome to join once the particular sport’s season begins, even if they did not register!
Registration is a required for all students. The process ensures your student’s information and permissions are verified and updated for the upcoming school year. Registration is done through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Don’t have a parent portal account? Forgot your password? Contact the office at 515-242-8444! A portal key is not necessary.
If you are a family new to the DMPS district, you are required to go to the Welcome Center to get your student(s) registered. The Welcome Center is located at 2100 Fleur Dr in Des Moines. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (excluding major holidays). The center registers students on a walk-in basis. The following documents are required in order to complete registration: photo ID, proof of address (see below for details), student’s immunization records, and student’s birth certificate. For more information, click HERE or call 515-242-7371.
Proof of Address
Accepted address verification documents:
- Utility Bill or Confirmation of Services (within the last 60 days)
- Lease or notarized statement from landlord
- Purchase Agreement
- Mortgage Statement
- Polk County Assessors- print copy of web page verifying property ownership
- Property tax statement
- Vehicle registration
- DHS Paperwork
- Shelter Stay Verification
If you are residing in another person’s home, please provide a notarized statement from that person stating you and your student(s) are living there, including their name and address, as well as one of the above approved address verification documents in their name.