Winter Break Reminders
Winter Break will run from Wednesday, December 23 – Friday, January 1, 2021. Classes will resume on Monday, January 4, 2021. The office will be closed during this time. We still do not know at this point if we will be 100% virtual or hybrid. When we have an update from the district on our learning model, a communication will be sent home.
Here is a message home from Nurse Bo:
I know everyone is excited for the shortened week and holiday break! The safest way to celebrate winter holidays is at home with the people who live with you. If you do plan to travel or gather with others this holiday week, please take steps to keep everyone safe. Here are some of the CDC recommendations:
- Anyone who is ill or in isolation/quarantine should stay home
- Wear a mask and maintain physical distance of 6 feet
- Limit shared utensils and family-style passing of bowls
- Have households sit together, preferably at separate tables
- Open windows and use an exhaust fan (or box fan) to increase ventilation by pulling more air in and pushing more air out
If you have any symptoms of illness in the 7-14 days after gathering, be sure to stay home and get tested for COVID-19. We typically see an increased number of cases after each holiday.
While we are closed for holiday break, please continue to notify the school when your student is feeling ill. Our answering machines will be on for you to leave a message. We would all like to return to hybrid learning after break, but it’s important we maintain a healthy environment for our students and staff to return to. For this to happen, we need to know if:
- Your student is feeling ill or being tested for COVID-19
- Your student tested positive for COVID-19 and has been told to isolate
- You have a positive COVID-19 case in your household
- Your student has been exposed to a positive COVID-19 person or has been identified as a close contact and told to quarantine
After break, please remember to keep your student home if they were diagnosed with Covid or were in quarantine over winter break. You must get clearance from the school nurse before they can return to school.
Please call attendance at 242-8444 or email email@example.com If you have questions about how long to isolate, quarantine, etc., please reach out directly to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Holidays Everyone!
CDC Seasonal Resources: Making the Holidays Safer
We will see everyone next year. Cheers to 2021!